Sunday, September 11, 2011

It starts with Today!

Hello again, I hope this finds everyone well and happy. Today, was the first day of the rest of my life, as it was my first day away from the ridge, I think i did pretty well too. I went with my mom, nanny, and a trainer from the ridge, Gretchen, on a 5 mile hike at Zion National Park. IT was the most spectacular hike ive ever done. Thats saying alot because since ive been here, the hikes have been what ive dreaded most because, they challenge me so, but I LOVED this one. Plus, I got to share a bit of my new life with my mom. It was such a blessing, she rocked it too, considering that it was 2.5 miles STRAIGHT up, man was she moving. We all had a great time, and were able to place a flag at the top in honor of all those who lost in 9/11 and those who served and are serving this beautiful country we live in.
  For those of you who dont know, I am staying in Utah. My Mom and Nanny(Grandma) surprised me by driving my car down here, to come to my graduation, from Fitness Ridge. I had noooo idea they were coming, and when I saw my mom sitting outside the lecture hall in the afternoon, all I could yell was "Shut Up, Shut Up!" I was sooo happy to see them. They drove 1800 miles, halfway across the country to come see me, I am so blessed. It feels so amazing to introduce them to my new life, and the new people. Tomorrow I get to show my mom and nanny my new home, and my new adopted family. Ill be living with one of the most amazing people God could have created, she is a trainer at the ridge her name is Nicole. They story of how this came about is so cool, such a God thing. My prayers were answered by her, and she is letting me stay with her, even though she has 4 kids, a dog, and a life. I am sooooo blessed. I knew this is where I belonged. God is good, and I am learning more and more about the ways He loves me. Ive never felt more loved by Him than I have since coming here, because being here has been better than I could have hoped for or imagined. Thank you Father. Nicole, thank you so much, I am excited to be apart of your family. I hope someday I can give back to you even more. So, if any of you want a cool vacation spot come to Utah, its seriously so amazing. Cant wait to continue to share my triumphs and struggles as I continue this journey. Stay tuned y'all. I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment